my other acc: |
Having FibroFog at the moment so things a bit jumbled up and incoherent, bare with me, or skip the entry. Do whatever you want, I'm just a guy, not a cop.
Sometimes I regret I ever signed up to dA. There are plenty of places, from personal webpages and blogs, to places like facebook, where I could show my art. When you pay for premium content it says you can request critiques and such so you get better feedback. But even with these options, all the feedback one gets on here is either "what a crappy job" or "what an amazing work / model / tree / can of beer you took picture of / photomanipulated / drew". Never, for the 3 years I'm on here, not one single "fellow artists" (I'm not really an artist), gave me one single constructive feedback such as "hey listen dude, this beer can is slightly blue tinged, you should make the red filter you used a bit more prominent" or the likes.
Instead, I find here on daily basis the following:
- stupid teenagers (not all teens here are stupid. some are so good I wish I was like them) taking selfies and don't want it on tinypic upload server so they put it here.
- teenagers mentioned above taking selfies of themselves having sex and posting here for fun / applause they get from the paedophiles on this website
- adults who wanna show their genitalia and think dA is the best place to host these horrible images (I've so many shrivelled cocks and floppy vaginas on this websites I decided to go celibate for a while. like, until im 328516794567234 years old).
- fetish images, in every form shape colour and combination the human mind could ever possible think of. I consider myself as a fairly open minded guy, and as a paramedic and a volunteer at the HIV clinic I've seen some crazy shit. But what goes on this website puts tumblr to shame. Just when think I've seen it all, the front page on here proves me wrong. now, some of you will ask why I'm having my "mature content" filter on. The answer to this, is the fact that 1. some of the better photos on here are mature themed. 2. some of the better contributors to this community (such as Marcus J Ranum) have their entire gallery flagged as mature content even though it isn't. 3. cos I think that the secret is in moderation, and not in hiding some of the things.
- memes. NO MEMES ARE NOT ART. they shouldn't be here.
as oppose to what I wrote in previous about the doodles of someone trying to draw a crazy pokemon ARE art, cos at least they try to express themselves artistically. taking a selfie with a boner (or vagina, for that matter) in front of the mirror, isn't artistic - no matter how many people will argue it is. there are plenty of porn sites that welcome this kind of uploadings.